Benefits Administration Services
Argus frees HR professionals to focus on strategic, higher value activities by maximizing the power of web-enabled technology to extend the capabilities of HR and Benefits Administration teams. We support our clients with integrated solutions on multiple levels. Our capabilities stretch from system selection to fully out-sourced HR and Benefits Administration.
A Case Study: It Begins With Strategy and Ends With Results
The Situation: Prior to becoming a client in 2009, this nationally recognized orthopaedic surgery practice was facing several challenges around:
* COST MANAGEMENT - The cost of providing health and welfare benefits to the 1,000 professional employees was increasing at an unsustainable rate.
* BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION – The HR staff was challenged to keep up with the day-to-day requirements of servicing 1,000 employees, and this impacted their ability to develop and implement solutions to the complete organizational issues which confronted them. Additionally, Argus discovered that HR professionals had deployed only 20% of the capabilities of a recently purchased HRIS system.
* BENEFITS COMMUNICATION - Because of the number of locations, staying connected to employees in each office located throughout the State of Georgia was a constant challenge.
The Solution: Argus professionals conducted a series of “Client Discovery” workshops to gain a comprehensive understanding of the problems at hand. The approach explored employee benefits plan design, plan marketing, benefits enrollment, and ongoing support of a full complement of employee health and welfare benefit plans. Through thoughtful analysis, the Argus team developed a 3-year strategy that reduced benefit costs, effectively increased the capacity of the HR Team, and created a custom designed communication solution in order to reach all employees and managers.
The Result: Within 12 months, Argus documented an estimated savings of over $500,000 for this surgery practice by effectively implementing:
* COST MANAGEMENT - A unique strategy around a comprehensive plan design using wellness, rate caps, and a rewards-based approach to manage healthcare.
* BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION - Argus provided resources to redesign processes and increase system functionality to 80%. Additionally, the client outsourced client data management and HRIS administration to the Argus Benefits Administration Group - which led to a leaner, more effective HR organization.
* BENEFITS COMMUNICATION - A new communication strategy, powered by a custom employee portal that includes employee self-service, provides on-demand access to employee data, affording more efficient and effective use of client resources.
Together, a partnership was formed that has enabled our team to become an extension of their HR staff, providing bench strength around areas such as Benefits Brokerage, Benefits Administration, Communication and Strategic Guidance. Our work together is being recognized by nomination for the 2009 Client Advisor Award, presented by The Creative Growth Group.